[Heath] SB-620?

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 19:33:12 EDT 2013

On 09/12/2013 06:38 PM, Chris Kepus wrote:
> Pete,
>
> Thanks for bursting my bubble of ignorant enthusiasm for getting my 620 up
> and running with * (* = anything it could possibly be hooked up to).
> <chagrined grin>
>
> Not ever seeing one of these in action, I presumed there would be more
> excitement and useful purpose generated than "generally worthless".  Having
> read your posts over the years, it is unlikely you are inaccurate.
>
> Is there any point to putting the time/money in one of these other than the
> value of eye candy? (Pete or anyone, please)
>
> 73,
> Chris
> W7JPG

Hi Chris,

Are you running a Kenwood R-599, too? I think his comments apply to that
radio. I have seen this one connected to a Heathkit and it was useful on
that radio. I am now considering sending mine to a new home. I have been
using computer sound card DSP software for filtering. A very nice side
show is the pair of spectral displays that serve as a "panadapter". The
bandwidth is the radio 'system' passband and the I.F. filter passband
can easily be seen on my displays. The R-599 has filters from 250 Hz out
to about 15 kHz (FM) that can be selected independent of the mode
switch. The DSP sofware also doesn't care about your receiver I.F.

73,

Bill  KU8H