[Heath] SB-220 plate meter

Larry Oneets oneets123 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 13:28:33 EDT 2015

First make sure that the needle is not sticking because of static in the
meter face, go over the face with a damp cloth and see if this fixes the
problem.  If not static, the meter can be removed from the unit, opened up
and clean out the slivers of material from between the magnet and the coil
using a small piece of paper.  This may also be caused by wear of the
bearings and slightly changing the tightness of them. When working on a
meter the work is not difficult, one just needs a steady hand.  If the
meter is bad you have nothing to loose but much to gain--you just may fixit
and ain't that great. Just take care around the coil spring so as not to
ruin it.  I always work on a desk surface with a cloth over it to keep
parts from going away and never to be seen again.
Larry

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon <kgordon2006 at frontier.com