[Heath] Weak S-Meter on HR-20 Rcvr

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 15:02:32 EDT 2016

Hello, Folks! My little HR-20 Rcvr works really well after a good
realignment, BUT the S-Meter is very stingy. Sigs that are +20dB on a
properly set-up rig are maybe S7 on the HR-20. Sigs less than S9 on my
other rigs, barely flicker the S-Meter. I thought that the S-Meter amp tube
was soft, but it's OK after subsritution, so I'm not sure where to start
looking. I suspect that some of these older components have changed
out-of-tolerance, but where's a good place to start measuring? The HR-20's
S-Meter zero pot was dirty but now zeroes perfectly after cleaning, and the
Antenna tuning cap is peaked before reading.

Thanks and 73,  Sandy AC1Y

--
Sent from Sandy'sGmail Mobile