[Heath] (Heath) AR-3 Stories

gregm1968 at gmail.com gregm1968 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:25:28 EST 2016

My story isn't quite so nostalgic. I've had an AR-3 for about 30 years-bought at a flea market for the princely sum of $1. Way back in the 60's a friend had one when we were teenagers studying for our Novice tickets so I couldn't pass it up. Still perking along and the BFO "works", we'll sort of. Has anyone ever used the accessory socket to power a transmitter-like a 6AQ5 from the old Popular Electronics? Rock bound up in the old Novice section of 40 meters the lack of selectivity might not be too much to overcome. I like to think of the chuckle it would give someone reading the "rig hr" section of my QSL card.

Greg Magarie WA1VIL

Sent from my iPad