[iptv-users] Open source IPTV bits

D. Ryan Spott rspott at cspott.com
Fri Jun 12 13:54:21 EDT 2009

How do the ones and zeros get to the person's home? Via a wire.

It is a perfectly good answer to the content providers via NCTC when you
put a check box in the spot that says "physical disconnection" for your CA.

There is no encryption required when the data/video/whatever is on your
network.

BTW, this physical disconnection or CA, can be as simple as turning off
the ethernet port of the switch a user is connected to in a hotel/MDU or
by turning off the ONT on a FTTH project.

ryan