[iptv-users] Open source IPTV bits

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jun 12 14:28:42 EDT 2009

Oh, you're talk about the survey/data requests we've received from content
providers about the ability of the service provider to physically disconnect
the customer.  Since we currently do it via DSL, we also say "yes", as we
can turn down the DSL port, effectively disconnecting the customer from
their video service.

But to the best of my understanding, that doesn't negate the requirement for
encryption all the way to the STB.  If that's how you're operating, then you
either signed a contract some time ago that didn't specify that requirement
(things were looser in some things a few years ago), or you're operating
outside how you're expected to run it.  I know of no one in the state of
Iowa that's taken the approach I think you're taking.

Frank