[iptv-users] Open Source Broadcast Encoder

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Wed Feb 16 08:31:05 EST 2011

On Wed Feb 16, 2011 at 07:09:49AM -0600, Don Hickey wrote:
> You might want to talk to Amino. We have been told the Amino 530's are
> being discontinued and yesterday my boss was told the 130 would by phased
> out by the end of the year.

Oh, indeed - any new purchases are going to be Amino A540/A140, but we've got
quite a deployment of Moto 1910's and Amino A130's out there already that we
need to support. Currently we have 3 different IPTV middlewares deployed, none
of which we're happy with, which is why we're developing our own in-house - and
one of the key requirements is that it'll work across the different STBs we've
already got deployed.

Simon