[iptv-users] Open Source Broadcast Encoder

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Thu Feb 17 18:04:22 EST 2011

On Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 05:33:17PM +0100, Adam Palmblad wrote:
> We built a POC VOD streamer based on live555 some years ago, it was
> fitly but it worked. Using Motorola 1510 at that point.
>
> Later on we developed an own VOD streamer from scratch, not too much
> work for basic functionality. FF FR is tricky tough so we skipped
> that. Live555 did not have support for that either when we tried it.

I fired up live555 yesterday to see if it'd work with an Amino, and it
just worked out of the box. Looks like it can do FF/RW on MPEG2 TS files,
although it wouldn't make an index for one of my H.264 in TS streams.

Although live555 works, it lacks any configuration ability, or any logging
out of the box - but it doesn't look liek it'd be too hard to build a new
server around the live555 libraries to add the functionality I'd want to see.

Simon