[iptv-users] Open Source Broadcast Encoder

Adam Palmblad adam.palmblad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:33:17 EST 2011

> Are you aware of an open-source solution for VoD serving? I'm trying to build
> an IPTV solution using as many open-source solutions as possible, tied
> together with a chunk of in-house code (e.g. the Middleware). We're targetting
> Motorola STB's (VIP19xx), and Amino STB's (Ax3x).
We built a POC VOD streamer based on live555 some years ago, it was
fitly but it worked. Using Motorola 1510 at that point.

Later on we developed an own VOD streamer from scratch, not too much
work for basic functionality. FF FR is tricky tough so we skipped
that. Live555 did not have support for that either when we tried it.

//Adam