[Irtf-rr] RE: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student) saq66@umkc.edu
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:40:17 -0500

> -> yes,it is similar;
> -> but here it is about state-less IP forwarding, i.e. about=20
> -> forwarding the individual IP packets, without any
> -> RSVP path and without any MPLS path.
>=20
>   Oh! Ok...you would like to do Crankback in
>   connection less IP environments?!?
>=20
>   In such a case, you might find below paper interesting:
> http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/Homepages/shivkuma/research/papers/te-
> latest.pdf
 I have studied this paper. Your are mis-interpreting here. The RPI
paper is an increment to OSPF or BGP for some traffic engineering
functionalties. It doesnt require signaling whereas, diffrout=20
requires signaling. Also, we are taking more from a diffserv=20
point of view.
 As i told, routing in peer to peer networks and some overlay=20
systems can use diffrout concept. We can explore certain non-
cooperative algorithms for an alternative to SPF. But as mentioned
before, this will not work out if we see from an engineering=20
perspective.=20