[Irtf-rr] San Diego IETf Meeting

Thierry Ernst ernst at sfc.wide.ad.jp
Tue Jul 20 05:07:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

> To answer your questions:
>
> 1. There is currently no work going on in route optimization for mobile
> hosts.  I would, however, welcome, a proposal to add this work.
>
> 2. I have not received any feedback since I became chair of the group
> fro the micro-mobilty sub-group.

Well, not from me, I don't work in this area. But I was thinking that
people involved in new RO schemes (e.g. LIN6) would do something in this
group, any reason why they don't do so ?

> 3. As far as I know no work has been done in this group on Nemo
> networks.  Again I would welcome adding work on this to the group's
> activities.

OK, I can have a few words at San Diego to tell about the status of RO
in NEMO, if that interests you. As some may know, we have listed a NEMO
WG milestone on "Analysis of the solution space for RO in NEMO". I guess
that if the conclusions say "it's too complicated" we would move that to
the IRTF (this group or another, don't know); if the conclusion say is
feasible in a reasonalbe amount of time, we should re-charter NEMO and
produce the solution.

Actually, I'm in favor or both:

- NEMO WG producing short-terms solution if feasible (actually, it seems
that it is, given the drafts submitted to NEMO, and exisiting
implementation from CISCO's ideas - RRH)

- studying other long-term alternatvives at the IRTF.

> We have a slot scheduled for San diego, and if would would like to make
> a presentation ion the issues you think should be researched, please
> let me know and I will add you to the agenda.

I may be able to do this, or to ask someone involved in RO in NEMO to do it.

> I am still attempting to get the group reactivated after several years
> of relative inactivity.  Anyone who has a set of issues they would like
> to see researched should contact the list or me privately.

Why has it been so silent, given the tremendous activity in academic
conferences ?

Thierry.

--

Thierry Ernst, PhD