[j-nsp] Juniper as a route-server

Dmitri Kalintsev dek@hades.uz
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 03:01:57 +0200

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:14:11AM -0500, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
>         class guest {
>             idle-timeout 5;
>             permissions view;
>             allow-commands "(show route.*|show bgp summary|set cli.*|ping|traceroute|quit)";
>             deny-commands .*;
>         }
>
> Unfortunately, the "quit" part doesn't want to work. I've tried "quit.*"
> and a few other variants, but quit never shows up as an available command
> like it should (5.5R2.3). Any ideas?

There is a bug related to allow-commands, which I believe is "being fixed."
The workaround is to do the reverse - to deny the commands you don't need.
It works, we do it.

SY,
--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au