[j-nsp] JUNOS Equivalent to CISCO IOS next-hop-self

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Dec 15 20:48:33 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 05:17:02PM -0800, harry wrote:
> I think this assumes that a color has been set with an incoming
> policy.

Well, this is exactly what Adel was proposing... Setting color in
import chains of EBGP neighbors.

> As I understand, color is purely a local function, and routes have
> none unless a color is associated with import policy.

Correct.

BTW, JunOS "docs" seem to lack a description of how non-existant
color[2] compare to whatever existant color[2]. Same of all the
other alternatives/tie-breakers. It's the same basic question as
with MED.

Best regards,
Daniel