[j-nsp] Rpd_os_memhigh

Kashif.Khawaja at Broadwing.com Kashif.Khawaja at Broadwing.com
Wed Dec 24 12:45:13 EST 2003

This was the other question I had, whether the first gen. REs mem. can be upgraded. It
looks like it has two more slots so I could prob. use another 256MB (2x128).

> 	it looks like you only have 256m or so.

That's right.

> 	you should also contact Juniper so they can look at it
> to insure it's not a unknown memory leak as well.

Working with Juniper now ....

> 	My suggestion: upgrade or reboot (or just restart rpd)
> when possible.

Waiting to see what Juniper says since it is not service affecting right now ...
Seems like "vmstat" does not show the same information it normally would in a UNIX so I
couldn't exactly figure out what process was consuming bulk of memory.

> 	- Jared

Thanks!

> --
> Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net
> clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements
> are only mine.

 +++The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
document.+++