[j-nsp] vlan tagging

German Martinez gmartine at mafalda.opentransit.net
Wed Feb 5 03:47:55 EST 2003

While working on an interconnection of a Juniper with a Catalyst 6500
using an 802.1q trunk, we encountered compatibility problems. Every time
we enable vlan-tagging on the Juniper box, we loose reachability to the
Cat switch.

Referring back to your juniper-nsp post
(http://puck.nether.net/lists/juniper-nsp/0594.html), we are encountering
similar errors: L2 channel errors which may infer that there is a VLAN
number incompatibility.

Here is an excert from the Cat configuration:

set trunk 1/1  on dot1q 1-1005,1025-4094

On the Juniper side we enable vlan-tagging and used vlan-id 2.

Any suggestions,

Cheers
German

--

"Peace cannot be kept by force.   It can only be achieved by
       understanding."  Albert Einstein.