[j-nsp] router load

Nanog Nanog at lordkron.net
Mon Nov 3 12:32:24 EST 2003

Hey all,
	I think the command you are looking for is:

show task memory detail

This will show how much memory each part of a process is taking up (i.e.
rpd breaks down to ospf updates, bgp, ect.)  Along with

show system processes extensive

you can figure out exactly what is taking up all memory and cpu time.

Hope that help.

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 05:39:42 -0700 (MST)
Brandon Ingles <bringles at gblx.net> wrote:

BI> I cant find one.  A colleague here pointed me to the following link:
BI>
BI> http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Cisco/ciscojuniper.php
BI>
BI>
BI> Which essentially shows that "show system processes" is the equivalent to
BI> "show proc cpu".  Maybe there is some super secret uber command embedded
BI> somewhere?  "show chassis routing-engine" doesnt seem to be what your
BI> looking for either.
BI>
BI>
BI>
BI>
BI> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, David Brazewell wrote:
BI>
BI> > Hi
BI> >
BI> > Does anyone know if there is a junos equivalent command for the cisco ios
BI> > "show processes cpu" command?
BI> >
BI> > Ive seen the "show system processes extensive" output but it doesnt break
BI> > down the rpd process so all you know is that your routing engine is using up
BI> > your cpu but you dont know which part of the rpd process (bgp, ospf etc) is
BI> > actually using what.
BI> >
BI> >
BI> > thanks
BI> >
BI> > david

BI> Brandon Ingles