[j-nsp] vpn-apply-export

Blaz Zupan blaz at inlimbo.org
Mon Nov 10 11:57:50 EST 2003

> Hmmm. The static route does not appear to have the "from-customer from-lix
> from-six" communities attached, nor does it have any as path attributes. I
> do not think the static should be advertised in this context, regardless of
> JUNOS version as you policy only accepts routes with these attributes. You
> can add community/AS path attributes to a static on routing-options; perhaps
> this information was there at one time?

As I understand the documentation, if vpn-apply-export is not configured, only
vpn-import/vpn-export or vpn-target policy apply to the routes created under
the routing-instance. At least that's how it worked with 5.5R1.2. When you
configure vpn-apply-export, it should first apply the vpn-import/vpn-export or
vpn-target and after that the normal BGP policy. Problem is, it behaves for me
like I have vpn-apply-export configured, but I don't have it.