[j-nsp] Juniper LDP issue.

Chris Summers csummers at juniper.net
Wed Jan 7 15:14:37 EST 2004

Bageshri,

type 0x8503 is really the Fault Tolerant TLV (503) with the TLV's U-bit
set... hence 0x8503.

So the juniper router is probably configured with [edit routing-options
graceful-restart].

However, since the U-bit for that TLV is set, your test gear should just
silently disregard it
and process the Init message as if that TLV didn't exist...

See section 3.3 of the ldp rfc (3036) for more info on ldp TLV formats and
expected interpretation of the U-bit.

chris