[j-nsp] APS and STM-4 channeliced to ATM-1

Julio Alba jalba at satec.es
Wed Jul 7 05:02:53 EDT 2004

   Hello to everyone:

    I have one question and i hope that one of you could help me :-).

    I have one carrier and my connection to it is made by 4 STM-1 because it
can not give me one STM-4. My M40e has one STM-4 channeliced to 4 STM-1. Of
course i have only one BGP session using loopbacks.

    The problem is that we want to protect the STM-4 with APS and with two
routers, but it seems that we only can protect each STM-1, because if we try
to protect the entire STM-4 it does not appear at a valid interface
"unknown". We want to move the four STM-1 if one of them fails.

    How can we do that?.

    Thank you very much

Julio