[j-nsp] Juniper M40 Overloaded?

Dennis Ponne dennis at tune-in.nl
Wed Jul 7 09:14:53 EDT 2004

Hi all,

In the day time we have around 253.380kpps Load and we have severe packet
loss threw the juniper's. Sometimes this KPPS flows up to 320.000 and then
it's really bad.

Totall traffic aggregation threw that router is 1.7GBPS.

Having in totall 5 gigabit interfaces, with 90 peers and 2 full tables.

As I have read that 1 MPPS is 1000KPPS, so that would tell that we do around
253 MPPS, and the Juniper M40 has a speed of 40MPPS as they stated.

Can you please tell me if my information is correct?

Also we have a M20 and a M40 with a alarm set but I can't see the totall
usage of the PPS.

Thanks,

Dennis Ponne