[j-nsp] PIC hotswappable?

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Thu Jul 15 16:38:45 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 22:33, daniel wrote:
> it's my understanding there is a difference in the electrical termination
> of the PIC-FPC interface. Hence hot-swap on m20/m40 cannot be implemented
> reliably. If you try and it works, fine; but be aware YMMV. That's aside
> from the fact there's a good chance of damaging the FPC connector (especially
> on installation).

This is correct, although when taking good care (read: don't use brute
force if it won't budge...in that case take the FPC out instead) the
worst case scenario is having to reload the FPC without removing it on
installation of a PIC. Carefully removing a PIC after setting it
off-line usually works without interrupting operation of the FPC. All
heresay ofcoure ;-)

Cheers,

--
---