[j-nsp] Adding Compact Flash card to M10i

Ben Eater eater at juniper.net
Tue Jul 20 14:07:39 EDT 2004

The M7i and M10i do not ship with internal compact flash OR an external
PCMCIA card. If you want either of these items, the Juniper part number
is CF-ADAP-256M-S. When you order this part, you get two things: A 256M
compact flash drive and a PCMCIA *ADAPTER* for the flash drive. The kit
can serve either ONE of two purposes: The flash drive, by itself, may be
used as the internal boot medium on the Routing Engine board.
Alternatively, the flash drive, in conjunction with the PCMCIA adapter,
may be used as the external install medium on the Routing Engine board.
In this case, the flash drive plugs into the PCMCIA adapter, which plugs
into the external PCMCIA slot on the RE.

If you wanted both the internal flash AND an external PCMCIA install
medium, you would need to order a quantity of two CF-ADAP-256M-S.

-Ben