[j-nsp] L2VPN problem

ahmet fethi ayhan ahmetf.ayhan at telekom.gov.tr
Fri Jul 30 04:36:19 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm try to activate Layer2 Kompella VPN on my M20 and M160 Router. I want to
connect 2 BRAS with use Layer2VPN. I connected BRAS (Redback) to Juniper via
gigabit ethernet interface with VLAN tagging. I see that l2vpn connection
is "up" .

Instance: l2vpndeneme

Local site: adana (1)

    connection-site           Type  St     Time last up          # Up trans

    2                         rmt   Up     Jul 30 10:46:06 2004           2

      Local interface: ge-5/3/0.23, Status: Up, Encapsulation: VLAN

      Remote PE: 195.175.4.101, Negotiated control-word: No

      Incoming label: 800001, Outgoing label: 800000

And also I'm pinging each connection site from Juniper routers.

fayhan at M160Ank-re0# run ping mpls l2vpn instance l2vpndeneme local-site-id 2
remote-site-id 1

!!!!!

--- lsping statistics ---

 It seems to be okey for L2VPN connections. But  I'm not pinging BRAS to
BRAS. When I was started the ping from  BRAS1 to BRAS2 , in the output of
"monitor interface traffic" i see the incoming packet from BRAS1 but
Juniper is not forward  traffic to the other site. This my configuration,

 fayhan at M160Ank-re0# show routing-instances l2vpndeneme

l2vpndeneme {

    description "Ahmet l2vpn deneme";

    instance-type l2vpn;

    interface ge-4/0/0.23;

    route-distinguisher 23:23;

    vrf-import l2vpndeneme-import;

    vrf-export l2vpndeneme-export;

    protocols {

        l2vpn {

            traceoptions {

                file logl2vpn;

                flag connections;

                flag state;

                flag error;

                flag all;

            }

            encapsulation-type ethernet-vlan;

            site ulus {

                site-identifier 2;

                interface ge-4/0/0.23 {

                    remote-site-id 1;

                }

[edit interfaces ge-4/0/0]

fayhan at M160Ank-re0# show

unit 23 {

    description "Ahmet l2vpn deneme";

    encapsulation vlan-ccc;

    vlan-id 23;

    family ccc;

[edit policy-options]

policy-statement l2vpndeneme-export {

    term 10 {

        then {

            community add l2vpncommunity;

            accept;

        }

    }

    term 20 {

        then reject;

    }

}

policy-statement l2vpndeneme-import {

    term 10 {

        from {

            protocol bgp;

            community l2vpncommunity;

        }

        then accept;

    }

    term 20 {

        then reject;

    }

}

community l2vpncommunity members target:69:100;

is there anybody to help me?

Thanks..