[j-nsp] BGP recursion

Damon Pegg damon.pegg at uk.easynet.net
Mon Jun 14 10:12:45 EDT 2004

Have an interesting behaviour on my hands:

If I receive a route via bgp for say 10.0.0.1/32 with a protocol next-hop of
10.0.0.1 (originating router's loopback) and that next-hop is reachable only
within a supernet (10.0.0.0/16) then the route remains hidden on one
receiving bgp-speaker but not on another running the same code.  Indeed, the
problem phases in and out, with the route sometimes accepted and sometimes
rejected.  How should Junos behave presented with a double recursion such as
this?

Thanks,

Damon.