[j-nsp] receiving end of graceful-restart enabled by default?

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Mon Mar 22 16:11:00 EST 2004

Per peer configuration is not needed (or and option) to enable graceful
restart.  To be more precise:

In the main instance when you configure routing-options
graceful-restart all protocols in that instance have graceful-restart
enable.

If you have Logical routers then you need to have routing-options
graceful restart enable in the logical router.

If you have routing instances (vrf vpls etc) then routing-option
graceful-restart is needed for each instance you wish to enable it for.

If you only want to enable graceful restart for a particular protocol
then you omit routing-options graceful-restart (either main or per
routing instance, logical router)  and configure each protocol
separately e.g.

set protocols bgp graceful-restart
set protocols ospf graceful-restart

Gary