[j-nsp] receiving end of graceful-restart enabled by default?

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Tue Mar 23 12:16:26 EST 2004

And to add the answer to the question.  The receive end router also
needs to have graceful restart enabled because it needs to act as a
helper.  This configuration is not automatic.  Just like any other
capabilities exchange the receive router must tell the restarting
router that it is restart capable, exchange timers (I'm assuming bgp
peers) etc and this is only done if you configure graceful restart on
that router also.

Gary