[j-nsp] MPLS transport / 1GE-LH

Cody Lerum clerum at transaria.com
Thu Oct 21 14:22:12 EDT 2004

This brings up an issue that I have been playing with. IF you are
running mpls lsps over an Ethernet network. What should the media MTU be
set to in order to make things as transparent as possible. The config
below has 1568, and I'm curious how you came to that number.

Ethernet	= 1514
MPLS Shim	= 4
VLAN-CCC	= 21	(Largest according to Juniper)
Total		= 1539

-C