[j-nsp] Generated prefix lists - simple solution to a range of problems?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Sep 28 22:44:12 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 04:05:02PM -0700, Gary Tate wrote:
> I don't think people are being ignored and I realise many people on
> this list do not have a juniper rep but many do - hence why I mentioned
> the process.  Everything you say I may agree with BUT the process in
> place for new feature is through an enhancement request.    If a
> feature is worth implementing it invariable gets into JunOS once an ER
> is raised - this is not based on money alone.
>
> Like I said I thought it was worth mentioning that a process is in
> place.  As an engineer I cannot comment any further than that - just
> trying to be helpful.
>
> I believe it is possible to set up a doom server on Junipers by the way
> - I seem to remember seeing it in a lab environment before joining
> Juniper :)

Maybe it would be worth assigning someone to read this list and look for
feedbacks and feature suggestions from the actual users? I know it
involves having to do work, and doesn't directly generate revenue, but it
sure beats sitting on your ass and waiting for someone better to come
along before you realize you need to start innovating again, like Cisco.
:)