[j-nsp] Re: MTU size of fxp0

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Apr 26 05:18:08 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:58:38AM +0200, Jonas Frey wrote:
> As far as i recall, it can be done using some (sysctl -w
> net.pfe.transit_re=1 ?) sysctl setting. However this is not a good idea
> since the routing will be done in software/go through the RE directly.

And clog the fxp1 link between RE and PFE.

All in all, it's a stupid idea. :-)

And personally, I've never seen transit_re working. There seems to be
more to the story than just the sysctl.

BTW: the FreeBSD ethernet driver for fxp0 doesn't support MTU >1500
as far as I know, so you cannot raise MTU even with tricks.

Best regards,
Daniel