[j-nsp] High failure rates for M7i/M10i hard disks?

Javier Gallardo (DF/TEM) javier.gallardo at ericsson.com
Sat Aug 20 14:48:55 EDT 2005

I think so that Juniper people who read this email chain, could take the point with manefacturing department to eliminate the problem with HDs at new routers.Also, cold be necessary public a technical bulleting with needed actions to find and replace suspected HDs or REs. What do yo think?.
Besides M40 failed router (with only three months in operation), we have another dozen of new M10i and another new M40!.
//Javier

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, info at beprojects.com wrote:

> Yep.  We bought two new M7i and the hard drive on one crashed a little
> over 2 months after we bought it.  Took the whole router down.  Needless
> to say we were a little angry that it died that early in it's life.

Interesting stuff. I am happy to say though, on a different note,
we have only two M40s that were probably one of the original first
1000 built running strong to this day. Same flash, I replaced the
hard drives before they ever got to the point of being "bad".

Would you still recommend anyone buying the m7i model at this point?

matt