[j-nsp] High failure rates for M7i/M10i hard disks?

Per Ole Klemetsrud perole at kirurg.org
Fri Aug 26 17:06:09 EDT 2005

>From the bulletin ". These failures modes are not caused by a hardware
failure and do not indicate any failed component that would affect future
operation of the Routing Engine."

They way I interpret this it's not really the harddrive themselves that
break - someone either broke the BSD ATA drivers, or the drives are
non-compliant.  What's the point of having harddrives if you can't use
them, and how many tracoptions are too many??  This sucks..