[j-nsp] M10 routing engine memory upgrade

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Fri Feb 25 12:32:23 EST 2005

I've got a couple of M10's that only have 256MB on the routing engine
and I would like to get them to 768MB.  The Juniper reseller is happy
to sell the 256MB modules, which after all is said and done comes up
to a few thousand US dollars.  I checked with JTAC and our local sales
rep about using 3rd party memory and based on those conversations went
a little further and discovered this note from Richard:

  <https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2004-March/002178.html>

What Richard describes sounds exactly like what I need and I believe
I've got the equivalent Kingston modules lined up, but I"m not much of
a hardware expert:

  <http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR100X72C2L/256>

I suspect no one with an email ending in juniper.net is going to say
"yeah, go for it, for less than 10% the price of the Juniper branded
part it's worth it" on this list, but I it would appreciate if anyone
who's done this before can verify that all this info.

John