[j-nsp] M10 routing engine memory upgrade

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Feb 25 14:37:18 EST 2005

I just purchased Crucial Tech modules via CDW heres a link
<http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=550225> it's
Crucial/Micron P/N CT32M72S4D7E and it definetly works, in production right
now with a M7i.  The M5,M7i,M10,M10i are all close cousins so the module
should work perfectly for you.

As for the FEB/C-FEB -- I have had NO luck finding upgrade for that but the
upstream for our M7i is an M10 with only 64MB on the FEB.  Our M7i came
with 128MB so we should be totally fine.

--On Friday, February 25, 2005 11:32 -0600 John Kristoff
<jtk at northwestern.edu> wrote:

> I've got a couple of M10's that only have 256MB on the routing engine
> and I would like to get them to 768MB.  The Juniper reseller is happy
> to sell the 256MB modules, which after all is said and done comes up
> to a few thousand US dollars.  I checked with JTAC and our local sales
> rep about using 3rd party memory and based on those conversations went
> a little further and discovered this note from Richard:
>
>   <https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2004-March/002178.html>
>
> What Richard describes sounds exactly like what I need and I believe
> I've got the equivalent Kingston modules lined up, but I"m not much of
> a hardware expert:
>

> <http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR
> 100X72C2L/256>
>
> I suspect no one with an email ending in juniper.net is going to say
> "yeah, go for it, for less than 10% the price of the Juniper branded
> part it's worth it" on this list, but I it would appreciate if anyone
> who's done this before can verify that all this info.
>
> John

GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E