[j-nsp] Announcing Aggregate Routes

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Mon Jan 17 06:08:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 18:30, Jared Gull wrote:
> I believe it's best to define an aggregate under
> routing-options with the passive switch so it will
> always be advertised even in the absence of a
> contributing route.

Note that this has it's drawbacks as well. Consider an edge router, for
instance at a peering exchange that looses connectivity to the rest of
your network. You wouldn't normally want it to keep advertising routes
it has no direct connection for, attracting traffic that should be
picked up by transit routes or other peerings instead. This is what
would happen when set-up this way.

Cheers,

--
---