[j-nsp] J2300 bug?

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue Jul 26 17:38:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,
Just upgraded three J2300 routers in our lab to 7.3R1.5 yesterday.  Ran
into the following after configuring a prefix-list using "apply[-path":

admin at j2300.r3# commit
assertion "socktype(route->rfe_addr) == rf_tree->rf_family" failed: file
"../../../../../src/juniper/usr.sbin/rpd/common/route_filter.c", line
247
error: Check-out pass for Routing protocol daemon (/usr/sbin/rpd) dumped
core (0x86)
error: configuration check-out failed

I'd normally send this right to JTAC, but I don't have contracts on
these boxes, as they're only lab routers.  Would anyone from Juniper
care to look into this, or maybe someone else out there has seen it and
already opened a PR?

Thanks in advance,
evt