[j-nsp] FE Memory Upgrade

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue May 10 11:46:37 EDT 2005

128M DRAM on teh CFEB is more than adequate for todays routing needs.  The
CFEB does hold the 'digested' version of the routing table (it's the CFEBs
job to distribute routing information to the rest of the system, the RE
produces the table for the CFEB).

To give you an idea, I'm peered with an M10 (not i) holding up something
close to a dozen sessions without any pressure on the older 64MB CFEB.  Our
M7i currently has five peers feeding it and it's only at about 30% util.

The SSRAM mentioned by another poster is for packet forwarding, the DRAM is
used to store the tables.

I don't think you'll be able to run into any problems with the amount of
DRAM in the M7i (non-i's with the 64MB FE might though).

YMMV of course.