[j-nsp] NAT Question

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Wed May 11 15:13:56 EDT 2005

> I am working with a J-Series w/ the firewall license, so please spare me
> "you need an AS PIC for this" responses ;)  I've successfully (albeit
> not gracefully) configured a one-to-one IP mapping, but I'm confused as
> to whether Junos supports a simple port-to-port translation.

I was never able to figure this out either.  I would have called JTAC,
but I called them on a J-Series issue about 2 months ago and the three
people I spoke to had never seen a J router before.

> BTW, can anyone from Juniper let me know whether it's at all possible to
> make NAT configurations in Junos just a tad more complicated?  I
> certainly need more frustration in my life on top of having to pay $$ to
> turn on a feature like NAT.

I second this.  I think it takes me 8 lines to enter a single
inbound/outbound static NAT.  What a pain in the butt.  On a C, once you
enter the nat inside and outside, a bi-directional NAT takes one line.