[j-nsp] disk period-standby logging priority

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:00:29 EDT 2005

Is there any way of changing (lowering) the priority that certain
syslog messages are logged at? Specifically, since we did 'set chassis
routing-engine disk periodic-standby', JunOS seems to have decided
what look distinctly like debugging/info messages (harddrive was idle
for xxx seconds) at NOTICE, which means we are suddenly logging
considerably more than we have done previously.

I don't really want to raise our logging priority requirements as I
don't want to miss anything that may be important, but I also don't
want to have pages and pages of this in my logs either.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks,
Ras