[j-nsp] Juniper box equivalent to GSR

Saku Ytti saku+juniper-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Oct 19 10:08:00 EDT 2005

On (2005-10-19 09:00 -0500), Jack Parks wrote:

> I have found that the Cisco 12410 and the M320 are similar in price.
> M40e is a bit cheaper.  The main cost difference has been in the
> maintenance (Cisco has per line card maint.).  With the new SIP/SPA
> configuration, the GSRs are becoming more flexable and less expensive,
> compared to traditionaly configured GSRs with engine-X cards.

 Juniper stats has some history, so there are gotcha's and amount
of them are steadily increasing. It's quite inevitable.
 Like invalid PIC combination, need for E-FPC or FPC, do you need
PIC with or without QPP or even for real ancient IPI.
 However if you shop new GSR or new M/T box, it should be pretty
straightforward for both. Granted that M/T today is superior
in edge features.

--
  ++ytti