[j-nsp] Juniper box equivalent to GSR

Saku Ytti saku+juniper-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Oct 19 09:44:46 EDT 2005

On (2005-10-19 14:34 +0200), Kim Onnel wrote:

> if u are referring to MPLS-VPN with RFC2547bis, then I dont think we need it
> on the P router ?

 In my opinion it does not make sense to use CRS-1 or M320/T640 as a dedicated
LSR box, if you want 'stupid' switch-like box as LSR, there are cheaper
alternatives.
 What you're looking at with M320/T640 and CRS-1 is more of a pop-in-a-box
concept, and then RFC2547bis becomes very important. Take bunch of
LER's and your LSR from current pop and stick all of that in one or two
CRS-1/M320/T640.

> On 10/19/05, Saku Ytti <saku+juniper-nsp at ytti.fi> wrote:
> >
> > On (2005-10-19 13:46 +0200), Dusan Avbreht wrote:
> >
> > > M-320 can be used as edge and core IP/MPLS routers. Cisco XR12k and way
> > more
> > > CRS-1 are core routers lacking edge feauters.
> > > i.e XR12k and CRS-1 they don't have VPLS support.
> >
> > Your information is bit inaccurate, XR12k implies IOS-XR as does
> > CRS-1, so software features are almost the same (and lacking
> > in edge compared to Juniper)
> > However XR will support RFC2547bis in next release, which is
> > due this year.
> >
> > --
> > ++ytti

  ++ytti