[j-nsp] l2circuit for ATM cells carrying IP/MPLS traffic

Marcin Garstka marcinga at man.poznan.pl
Tue Jan 31 08:42:45 EST 2006

You are right that OAM cells will not get through a l2circuit with
atm-cc-vc-mux encapsulation but you can easily switch OAMs off on CISCO
routers. In this case the Cisco routers will not send and receive OAM cells
and the subinterfaces will never go down (except for LOS on physical
interface).
The command is 'no oam-pvc manage' in the configuration of PVC. It works
with IP over ATM, where ATM was tranmitted via l2circuit with
atm-ccc-vc-mux encapsulation. I have never tested it with MPLS over ATM.
Marcin