[j-nsp] Cflowd question.

Mark Fullmer maf at eng.oar.net
Mon Jul 10 10:01:49 EDT 2006

There are a bunch of different ways to do this.

  FlowScan - , http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/FlowScan/,
  Stager - http://software.uninett.no/stager/
  FlowViewer/FlowGrapher - http://ensight.eos.nasa.gov/FlowViewer/

And probably more I haven't kept up with NetFlow development lately.

You can also run a report directly with flow-tools.

In flow-nfilter:

  o define the customer with an ip-address-prefix filter

  o define the interface of the customer with an if-index filter.

  o define the interface of the transit with an if-index filter.

In flow-report:

  Create a report that references the above filters.

Run each 5 minute flow file through the report.

Use flow-report2rrd to make pictures.

If you have many customers then look into flow-tag which allows
associating a 32 bit tag with a prefix list which can later be
filtered, masked, or used for a report key.

See - ftp://ftp.eng.oar.net/pub/flow-tools/training/NetFlowSummit.ppt
for some examples of using flow-nfilter, flow-report, and flow-report2rrd
together.

--
mark