[j-nsp] Radius Acccounting Based on destination IP address

Goldschmidt, Bernd bernd.goldschmidt at siemens.com
Wed Mar 1 02:11:16 EST 2006

Hi Joe,

RADIUS accounting is based on the complete PPP session.
So you cannont differentiate this based on different source or destionation addresses.

I see 3 options to solve this issue:
------------------------------------

1. Log-Policies
Attacht to a policy to each subscriber (action forward, match on movie server addresses).
You can gather the data via SNMP or via a script with a "sh ip int ..."
(this doesn't scales so much!)

2. Jflow accounting
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose71/swconfig-routing-services/html/ip-jflow-stats-config.html

3. the usage of a SDX-300
In this case the SDX will generate the RADIUS records when a subscriber starts a video service ofer the SDX
(this is the most powerful but also the most expensive solution)

Gruß
Bernd.