[j-nsp] Juniper m320 to alcatel 7670 oc-48 ATM issue

DARREN HARKINS, BLOOMBERG/ LONDON OF dharkins at bloomberg.net
Fri Mar 17 10:54:38 EST 2006

Guys and Dolls,
We are trying to connect an alcatel 7670 SMIR oc48 card to a juniper M320 oc48
atm2 iq pic back to back via fibre - no AM etc. - default sonet configs on both
sides.  No matter what we tweak we allways see rdi-p incoming into the M320, and
 no errors seen on the 7670.  when putting a protocol analyser inline. g1 byte
was ox00 from M320 into the 7670, and g1 byte was 0x02 from 7670 into M320.

I have a horrible feeling I am making this MUCH too complicated.  Ideas please,
configs and outputs available if anyone is interested :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Darren

dharkins at bloomberg.net

@>;-->-- VITAM ET SANGUINEM --<--;<@