[j-nsp] memory usage on RE-5.0 (M7i)

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Mar 17 19:38:44 EST 2006

--On March 17, 2006 9:00:37 AM +0100 sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

> I would definitely go to 768 MByte right away. We used to buy all our
> M7i/M10i boxes with 768 Mbyte. Lately we have been getting the RE-850
> which comes with 1.5 GByte of memory.
>
> On our M7i/M10i routers with 768 Mbyte we typically have 250 - 350 Mbyte
> free memory (as shown by top). 512 MByte would be tight for many of
> them.

Nothing new to add except to second the experience.  We went right to 768MB
and recently upgraded to 7.5 -- I've got four full feeds coming in though
three of those are in a single group so not sure how that affects rpd's
memory usage but we've got about 280M used i think.  We're using a total of
about 600MB of the 768MB.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler