[j-nsp] PE-4FE-TX not transmitting anything...faulty?

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Mon Apr 16 17:43:09 EDT 2007

Ebben,

it sounds related but i am not sure if it really is.
When i run monitor traffic interface fe...
i do see incoming packets and i do see that the interface is (trying to)
transmitting arp replys:
23:37:47.921802 Out arp reply x.x.x.x is-at 0:90:69:53:79:1b

However this does never arrive at the remote station nor does it
increase the transmit packet counter. It seems the software is doing
everything it should but the hardware is (silently) dropping the
packets.
I also do not have "drops" on the interface:

Input errors:
    Errors: 0, Drops: 0, Framing errors: 0, Runts: 0, Policed discards:
9822, L3 incompletes: 682, L2 channel errors: 0, L2 mismatch timeouts:
0, FIFO errors: 0,
    Resource errors: 0
  Output errors:
    Carrier transitions: 3, Errors: 0, Drops: 0, Collisions: 0, Aged
packets: 0, FIFO errors: 0, HS link CRC errors: 0, MTU errors: 0,
Resource errors: 0
  Queue counters:       Queued packets  Transmitted packets      Dropped
packets
    0 best-effort                  150            150                  0
    1 expedited-fo                   0              0                  0
    2 assured-forw                   0              0                  0
    3 network-cont                   0              0                  0

As you can see...the queue counters say there has been something
transmitted but on the other hands the MAC says it didnt:

  MAC statistics:                      Receive         Transmit
    Total octets                      32422297                0
    Total packets                       504050                0
    Unicast packets                       1811                0
    Broadcast packets                   493497                0
    Multicast packets                     8742                0
    CRC/Align errors                         0                0
    FIFO errors                              0                0
    MAC control frames                       0                0
    MAC pause frames                         0                0

Very strange....

Regarding your problem: I bet cycling (request... off/on) the pic will
do the job.

Regards,
Jonas