[j-nsp] Using QoS to ensure BGP bandwidth

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:56:12 EDT 2007

Jason,
Locally originated BGP traffic is classified into Q0 by default (except BGP
retransmissions)
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos82/swconfig82-cos/html/cos-hardware4.html#1197876
--and AFAIK, it is impossible to override this behaviour. So, in an essence,
you can guarantee bandwidth to
BGP traffic _through_ the router but not to locally-originated BGP traffic.
Rgds
Alex