[j-nsp] l2circuit for frame relay

Amos Rosenboim amos at oasis-tech.net
Mon Aug 6 11:11:58 EDT 2007

Hello All,

We are trying to migrate a frame relay network onto our mpls network,
based on juniper M10i routers.
We are using frame-relay-ccc encapsulation and l2circuit configuration.
The problem is that we are unable to configure dlci values below 512.
We get the following error when trying to configure units with dlci
below 512:

CCC or TCC on this interface must have a DLCI >= 512

Is this a known limitation?
Can this be worked around somehow?

This forces us to change dlci values at customers routers, which
makes the migration problematic.
Maybe the choice of ccc encapsulation is wrong, we have chose it just
because it is the first configuration we encountered.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Regards

Amos