[j-nsp] Adding static IPv6 neighbor entries

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Aug 29 15:58:19 EDT 2007

Looks like this was added back in 5.1, but until you asked I did not
realize.  The record shows it was not tested, but the syntax is not
hidden; Not sure on docs. Syntax is similar to a static arp, done under
the interface's IPv6 address.

HTHs

[edit interfaces ge-3/1/1 unit 0 family inet6]
regress at camaro# set address 2001:db8:120:20::120/64 ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these
groups
  eui-64               Generate EUI-64 interface ID
> ndp                  Static Neighbor Discovery Protocol  entries
  preferred            Preferred address on interface
  primary              Candidate for primary address in system
> vrrp-inet6-group     VRRP group
  |                    Pipe through a command
[edit interfaces ge-3/1/1 unit 0 family inet6]
regress at camaro# set address 2001:db8:120:20::120/64 ndp ?
Possible completions:
  <address>            Destination IP address