[j-nsp] j2300 cf upgrade

Michael Long mlong at mikesoffice.org
Wed Jun 20 13:50:21 EDT 2007

I'm trying to upgrade the CF card in a j2300 from 128M to 2gig. I know
it can be done but for some reason I'm having problems with this. I have
a 256meg usb drive plugged in and do a 'request system snapshot media
usb as-primary partition' then 'request system halt media usb', swap out
the cf cards, boot and it should boot up on the usb right? It doesn't
seem to work. It tries to boot from the usb, fails and then fails on the
CF.

AMIBIOS(C)2003 American Megatrends, Inc.

BIOS Date: 03/18/04 14:17:20 Ver: 08.00.10

CPU : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.60GHz

  Speed : 1.6 GHz

Press DEL to run Setup (F4 on Remote Keyboard)

Checking NVRAM..

Initializing USB Controllers .. Done.

1280MB OK

USB Device(s): 1 Storage Device

Auto-Detecting Pri Master..IDE Hard Disk

Pri Master: SanDisk SDCFH-2048  HDX 4.04

Auto-detecting USB Mass Storage Devices ..

Device #01 : SanDisk Cruzer Micro

01 USB mass storage devices found and configured.

Booted because of Watch DOG timer timeout

I'm not sure if it's even seeing the usb drive during boot.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to do this?

Mike